Front Page Confidential offers what it expects to be an ever-expanding list of important videos and podcasts covering Backpage, FOSTA/SESTA, sex work and related subjects.
A number of videos and podcasts have taken on the misguided narratives parroted by the mainstream media in reference to Backpage, FOSTA/SESTA, sex work and related subjects. Here follows an ever-expanding list of links to such productions.
1) The War on Backpage Is a War on Sex Workers,” Reason documentary by Paul Detrick. This 38-minute documentary is required viewing for anyone interested in Backpage, sex workers’ rights and FOSTA/SESTA.
2) “Why the Press Conflates Prostitution with Sex Trafficking—and Why That’s a Threat To Free Speech,” a Reason podcast on the flimsy case against pioneering alt-weekly newspapermen Jim Larkin and Michael Lacey, featuring the work of crusading journalist Elizabeth Nolan Brown.
3) Whores on Film, director Juliana Piccillo’s feature-length documentary on the ways sex workers are portrayed in cinema, from silent films to modern takes on sex work such as Tangerine and The Florida Project.
5) “Human Trafficking,” Michael Hobbes and Sarah Marshall of the You’re Wrong About… podcast dive deep into the bad faith arguments and urban legends surrounding the moral panic of sex trafficking. Engrossing and worth listening to more than once.
6) “Jinx the Anarchist Sex Worker Goes to Washington,” a Reason video on sex workers lobbying Congress on why SESTA/FOSTA is a bad law. Brave sex workers put a face to their profession and turn tables on lawmakers.
7)”This anti-sex trafficking law could end internet freedom,” A Vox report on the FOSTA/SESTA law and its impact on sex workers and the internet.
- Kamala Harris Was a Bad ‘Cop,’ Who Should Never Be Veep or U.S. Attorney General - July 31, 2020
- Trump’s Armies of the Night Crack Down on Portland Protesters, with Plans to Expand to Other U.S. Cities - July 21, 2020
- Civil Rights Groups Stick It to Facebook with Pro-Censorship Boycott - July 16, 2020